In a duel where the winner will finally take the series, the Clippers will have the opportunity to repeat their performance against the Dallas Mavericks where last year in the NBA bubble, they best them during the sixth game. The game will be played at the Staples Center at 14:30 E.T. and will be broadcasted on ESPN.
5 interesting facts between the two teams before Game 7:
1. Kawhi Leonard scored his best number of points scored in the postseason (45 points).
2. Mavericks have dominated the entire series against Clippers, who have managed even the series three times.
3. The last two games, the two ended with less than 10 points difference between them.
4. Clippers can repeat their qualification to the semifinals for the second consecutive year against Dallas Mavericks.
5. Playoff history says that the team that is always ahead in the series qualifies for the next round.
Relive the best moments of the sixth game between the two: (Video courtesy of: MLG Highlights).
How do the teams get to the seventh meeting?
The Los Angeles Clippers come into this game after a magical performance by Kawhi Leonard with 45 points scored to achieve the comeback against the Mavericks and force a Game 7 to be played at home. However, the Staples Center has not fared well in the series, with the Clippers losing all three games they have played there.
Dallas Mavericks, led by Luka Dončić, will have to recover from their last defeat at home. However, they’ve dominated every time they’ve played at the Staples Center, winning every time they have faced the Clippers.
Clippers: 58.0% (-260) – Points: 110.5 – Best O/U: u210½-110
Mavericks: 42.0% (+240) – Points: 107.5 – Best O/U: o210-110
Wednesday, June 2, will be an intense Game 5 between the LA Clippers and the Dallas Mavericks as the teams are currently tied in the playoff series with two wins on each side. Game 5 will be played at the Staples Center at 21:00 E.T. and will be broadcasted on NBA League Pass.
Important Facts About the Clippers vs Mavericks
1. The Mavericks have never beaten the Clippers in the playoffs.
2. The LA Clippers dominate the all-time playoff series with 6 wins, while the Dallas Mavericks have 4 wins.
3. Dallas has won only 1 of 4 home games this season against the Clippers.
4. The Clippers are winless against the Dallas Mavericks at home this season, accumulating three losses.
5. The Clippers have made the biggest victory within the playoffs with a 25 point difference in Game 4 (106-81).
Watch the best moments of Game 4 between the Clippers and the Mavericks at:
How Did the Clippers and the Mavericks Get Here?
The LA Clippers, coached by Tyronn Lue must maintain the great momentum they are currently having as they managed to recover from their first two defeats against the Mavericks within the playoff series. Both victories of the Clippers were at away games, which is why their motivation now that they are playing at home should be even greater. The Clippers will try to take the home victory, and thus lead in the series that enters the final stretch.
The Dallas Mavericks must recover from their losses against the Clippers, and step up their game to take the win as they did in the first two playoff games. The Clippers come to Game 5 with high spirits and strong defense, so the Mavericks will have to give it their all in an intense game against the Clippers this Wednesday.
Clippers: 59.4% (-280) – Points: 111.6 – Best O/U: u217½-110
Mavericks: 40.6% (+254) – Points: 108.3 – Best O/U: o217½-110
This Sunday, the fourth game will be played at the American Airlines Center, home of the Dallas Mavericks, who were surprisingly defeated in the last game after a 2 – 0 series lead, winning the first two away games at the Staples Center. The Mave’s performed exceptionally well but couldn’t stop the team’s offense led by Rick Carlisle; now, the Clippers must take advantage of the momentum of their last victory to even the series and travel home again with no difference between the two.
Let’s review 5 interesting facts before the Mavericks vs. Clippers game:
1. The two teams have played six times this season, with Mavericks winning four times, only once at home.
2. The two institutions have met only once before, where the Clippers managed to advance to the semifinals.
3. The biggest point difference between the two this season was in the first meeting, where Mavericks outscored Clippers by 51 points (124 – 73).
4. With their latest victory, the Los Angeles Clippers once again dominated the playoff history between the two teams (5 – 4).
5. The last winning streak of consecutive games between the two was Clippers with 4 wins in a row, which culminated in the current campaign.
Let’s review the best plays from the last Mavericks vs. Clippers game: (Video courtesy of: MLG Highlights).
Can Dallas Mavericks take advantage of home advantage and extend the lead against the Clippers?
The last game wasn’t bad; still, they threw the excellent performance of Luca Dončić, who, with 39 minutes on the court, managed to score 44 points, handing out 9 assists and grabbing 9 rebounds. They fell for the first time in the playoffs, which is why now, in the second game they will face at home, they must improve the defensive approach against the Clippers that seems to have woken up before the first two games.
Clippers look to win to even series before returning home
The team coached by Tyronn Lue will look to even the series by repeating the dose of kick-ass that the Dallas Mavericks gave them, winning both away games. So it will be an important duel for both teams because, if they fail to win, they would have to return home with the series in check, which would add increased pressure for the playoffs. Still, things could be positive if Clippers again have incredible performances from Kawhi Leonard with 36 points scored in 42 minutes played and Paul George. He scored 29 points and dished out 4 assists to help his team take the first win against Mavericks in the playoffs.
Where and when to watch the game?
This Sunday, May 30, at the American Airlines Center, the fourth game between Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Clippers, corresponding to the NBA Western Conference playoffs, will be played at 8:30 p.m. on TUDN.
Mavericks: 49.2% – Points: 111.3
Clippers: 50.8% – Points: 111.8
Game 3 of the playoff series between the LA Clippers and the Dallas Mavericks will be played on Friday, May 28 at the American Airlines Center. The Dallas Mavericks come to Game 3 with a 2-0 lead in the playoff series, which has been very surprising as the Clippers were the fan favourites for dominating the series. We’ll see if the Clippers can come out on top for Game 3.
How Did the Mavericks and then Clippers Get Here?
Game 2 of the series between the Mavericks and the Clippers was very close from start to finish. The teams divided the victories into the periods, each winning 2 periods, but the Mavericks managed to be above the scoreboard for much of the game. This in turn, led the Mavericks to take the 127-121 victory.
Luka Doncic led the Mavericks with 39 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists, in which he scored 16-29 shots from the field and 5 of 13 of his 3-point shots. Doncic was not entirely alone leading the Mavs’ offense. He had the support of Tim Hardaway Jr. who finished the game with 28 points and 5 assists, and was in charge of scoring the triple that sentenced the victory.
The Clippers came to Game 2 with the offensive contribution of their two stars, Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. Leonard scored 41 points, took 6 rebounds, and distributed 4 assists, while George scored 28 points, took 12 rebounds, and distributed 6 assists. The Clippers also had the support of Reggie Jackson who dropped 15 points off the bench. However, they lacked the one extra push that was needed to win the game.
These two losses by the Clippers could be a reflection of what will come in the next games. They will have to give it their all as they are 2 games behind in the series, and also because they will be playing at the Mavericks’ home court. In addition, they have yet to figure out a way to stop Doncic.
Watch the best moments of the last match played between Mavericks & Clippers at:
Important Game Information
- When is it? The game will be on Friday, May 28, 2021
- Where? American Airlines Center, Dallas, EE.UU.
- Where can I see it? ESPN, TNT.
Betting Line for Mavericks and Clippers – NBA Playoffs – Game 3
Game 3 of the series between the Clippers and the Mavericks is extremely important for the Clippers as they are in need of a win in the playoff series. On the other hand, the Mavericks come to game 3 with very high morale, eager to finish this series at their home court. Therefore, for Game 3, we are giving our winning token to the Dallas Mavericks.
- Moneyline: -375 Mavericks +245 Clippers
- Points: +2461/2 (-110) -2461/2 (-110)
On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Clippers will take on the Dallas Mavericks at the Staples Cente. The Mavericks are coming off a win last Saturday, with their stellar performance care of Slovak Luka Dončić, who led the team contributing 31 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds. You can catch the game on NBA TV at 21:30 E.T.
Let’s review 5 things you need to know before the second playoff game between the two teams:
1. This is the second time the two teams have met in the NBA playoffs, the first time was last season (2020), and the Los Angeles Clippers won the series.
2. The two teams have already met four times this season, three in the regular season and the last one on Saturday in the playoffs, with Dallas Mavericks having the advantage with three wins and only one loss.
3. The Dallas Mavericks hold the record for most consecutive wins over the Los Angeles Clippers, with 13 straight victories from the 1986-87 season through the 1988-89 season.
4. There is only one NBA title between the two teams, and that came in the 2010-11 season when the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals.
5. Adding all playoff and regular round games between the two teams, the Dallas Mavericks dominate the series against the Los Angeles Clippers, with 98 wins and 71 losses to the Clippers.
Relive the best highlights of the first playoff game between Clippers vs. Mavericks: (Video courtesy of: MLG Highlights)
Can the Los Angeles Clippers even the series at home against the Dallas Mavericks?
The team coached by Tyronn Lue must come out with a strong defense against Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday; after their loss during Game 1. They need to come out attacking the rival hoop since their opponent tried 76 times to score and managed to score 50%. At the same time, Clippers had 84 shots to the hoop. They could only score in 37 opportunities, which speaks a lot about the team’s effectiveness offensively and defensively and is something they must improve to try to even the series before traveling to Dallas to face the rest of the series.
Mavericks could take the series home with two games in hand against the Clippers
The team led by Slovak Luka Dončić has been performing, and this has helped the team get this latest victory against a team that last season had complications during the playoffs. Luckily the team led by Rick Carlisle knew how to take advantage of 50% of the opportunities they sought.
Clippers: 59.2% (-240) – Points: 113.1 – Best O/U: u216-110
Mavericks: 40.8% (+225) – Points: 110.0 – Best O/U: o216-110