This Saturday, Manchester City’s coach Pep Guardiola who has led the team to realize their first qualification in history to a UEFA Champions League final, will play Chelsea. If they win, they will become league champions with three games to go, while the Blues are in great form after defeating Zinedine Zidane’s Real Madrid on Wednesday to book their ticket to Istanbul. The match will be broadcast on Saturday, May 8, on Sky Sports and ESPN at 11:00 am:30 E.T.
Five interesting facts to keep in mind for this match between the Cityzens and the Blues:
1. Chelsea have not managed to win at the Etihad Stadium since December 2016, when they faced Manchester City in the league, where they won by a score of 1-3.
2. In the last three meetings between the two teams, Manchester City has only defeated the Blues once this season when they beat them 1-3 in the first leg of the Premier League. In contrast, Chelsea’s most recent victory was in the F.A. Cup semifinals when they defeated them 1-0 at Standford Bridge.
3. The last time a title was at stake in a duel between the two teams, Manchester City managed to win the title in the League Cup final, where they defeated 3-4 on penalties, after a scoreless score at the end of the match.
4. Both teams have met 165 times, with the team that lives at Standford Bridge having a vast difference of superiority, 67 victories to be exact, while Manchester City has 58 wins, and between them, they have drawn 40 times.
5. Both teams will be the protagonists of this season’s UEFA Champions League final, which will be played in Istanbul on May 29, and will be the third time that two English teams will meet in this instance after Manchester United vs. Chelsea and Liverpool – Tottenham.
Review the last meeting between Manchester City vs. Chelsea:
Can Pep Guardiola’s team be crowned champions this weekend?
The Manchester team will arrive at this match highly motivated, after leaving the powerful Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Champions League during the week, who were looking to ensure their presence for the second consecutive year in the final of the prestigious continental competition. Still, with great authority, the Cityzens managed to play an impeccable game in all stages of the game to ensure that the club has made it to the Champions League final for the first time in history. Additionally, this weekend’s match against their opponent in the final on the 29th of this month will also play to celebrate one more league title for Pep Guardiola’s team. This month, City could lift two titles against the same rival.
Relive Manchester City’s latest league win over Crystal Palace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJSKs6z8e6g (Video Courtesy of: ESPN Fans)
Can Chelsea break the losing streak by visiting Manchester City?
The team led by German Thomas Tuchel has had an impressive performance after his arrival to the bench 100 days ago, where the Blue team has had a very high record, currently qualified to two finals, F.A. Cup vs. Leicester and Champions League against their Premier League rival at the weekend, Manchester City, the Blues have played 24 games under the German, where they have 16 wins, 6 draws and only two defeats, conceding only 10 goals, demonstrating the level of work being done in the institution, who this month could get the Champions League against Manchester City, and the female could win the same title on the 16th of this month against F.C. Barcelona.
Review Chelsea’s latest win over Fulham:
Manchester City: 57.4% (-108) – Goals: 2.15 – Best O/U: u2½-140
Chelsea: 23.3% (+303) – Goals: 0.87 – Best O/U: o2½+120
Draw: 19.3% (+231)
Manchester City has a great motivation to win the match to be crowned Premier League champion for the seventh time in its history. At the same time, Chelsea wants to beat Manchester City again, but it would have a unique flavor, making the night bitter for the team led by Pep Guardiola. It will be a very even match, but the Cityzens will end up dominating with a close score of 2-1 against the Blues.