On Saturday, May 29, the LA Galaxy will face the San Jose Earthquakes in an intense match within the MLS Western Conference. This match is important for both teams as they are in need of a victory after they were defeated last weekend in their corresponding matches. Therefore, they both need to up their games to continue climbing the ladder of the Western Conference. This match will take place at Dignity Health Sports Park, home of the LA Galaxy, at 19:00 E.T. this Saturday on ESPN 3.
5 Important Facts About LA Galaxy vs San Jose Earthquakes
1. The LA Galaxy have a record of 3 wins and 2 losses in their last five games.
2. The San Jose Earthquakes come to this match with 2 wins and 3 defeats.
3. In the last five games played at Dignity Health Sports Park, the San Jose Earthquakes have won three games and the LA Galaxy have won two games.
4. The LA Galaxy have just one win in their last five games against the San Jose Earthquakes, along with one draw and three losses.
5. In total, the two teams have played 82 games against one another, including MLS, U.S. Open Cup, and friendlies. Of those games, the LA Galaxy have 34 wins, 31 losses, and 17 draws, against the San Jose Earthquakes.
How Did the LA Galaxy and the San Jose Earthquakes Get Here?
The LA Galaxy, led by Greg Vanney, have in their sights a return to victory, as well as the weight of regaining confidence since their 3-1 loss last weekend against the Portland Timbers. As the LA Galaxy have fallen short in their recent games, they must rethink their strategy in order to remain within the top positions of the Western Conference leaderboard.
The San Jose Earthquakes have had a rather irregular start to the season. When reviewing their last three games, they have a streak of losing three consecutive games, all of which were against teams that currently occupy the top positions of the Western Conference. So, next Saturday they will have to show a completely different performance in order to win against the LA Galaxy.
Watch the best plays from the SJ Earthquakes’ last match against Sporting KC at:
- L.A Galaxy: 50.9% (-117) – Goals: 2.13 – Best O/U: u3½-153
- S.J Earthquakes: 28.5% (+256) – Goals: 1.19 – Best O/U: o3½+110
- Draw: 20.5% (+221)