This Monday night closes the third day of the group stage in the Copa América, where the Albiceleste team will face its third match in this competition to seal its qualification and continue demonstrating its good moment in the competition, where they were finally able to get a victory of great hierarchy against a team full of great players, On the other side will be a Paraguayan team that comes from having a week of rest after having debuted with victory against the team of Cesar Farias, which defeated three goals to one and wants to extend its good moment to be able to compete against a tough Argentina team. This duel will take place at the National Stadium of Brasilia, at 19:00 E.T., and will be broadcasted by DIRECTV Sports.
Here are 5 interesting facts about the match to be played this Monday night:
1. The last time the two teams met in the Copa América was at the Copa América in Brazil 2019, and both drew 1-1.
2. The last meeting between the two teams was on November 13, 2020, where they played to a one-goal draw.
3. Both teams have faced each other 25 times in Copa América, where the Albiceleste has won 19 matches, the rest have been drawn, so it is a pending task for the Guaraníes to achieve a victory against Argentina in Copa América.
4. They have faced each other on neutral fields in the Copa América a total of 7 times, where the Paraguayan team has only scored 5 goals, while Argentina has scored 17 goals.
5. Argentina’s last Copa América victory over Paraguay was in the semifinals of the 2015 Copa América in Chile when they defeated them 6 goals to 1.
Let’s review the recent performance of both teams ahead of Monday night’s scheduled match:
Argentina: Those led by Lionel Scaloni, who has been questioned by the last results obtained by the national team, is because out of the last five matches, three games have ended in a draw, and only two have been victories, with a cast plagued by great players, That is why against the Guarani team they must show the great collective version of the team that was able to defend the result against a difficult Uruguayan team, to reaffirm themselves as a contender for the title.
Paraguay: The Guarani team coached by Toto Berizzo will have to show a great version of the game, given the second commitment they will have this Monday night against one of the best teams in the continent, who also have one of the best players in the world, Lionel Messi, who has just signed in his last two matches with the national team, great performances added to a great goal from a free kick in the tie against the Chilean national team, so if they want to compete and get into contention to go for a continental title, they must play a great collective game to snatch important points from the Albiceleste team.
Argentina: 50.4% (-192) – Goals: 1.76 – Best O/U: u2½-133
Paraguay: 26.2% (+560) – Goals: 1.03 – Best O/U: o2½+104
Draw: 23.4% (+300)