Last Updated on August 2, 2022 2:51 pm by Erwin Noguera
The PGL Arlington Major 2022 is the second Major of the 2021/2022 Dota Pro Circuit season.
For this Major, we have all the details you need to know:
Eighteen Teams will participate:
- Four teams each from Western Europe and China
- Three teams each from Southeast Asia and Eastern Europe
- Two teams each from North America and South America
The Group Stage: August 4th to August 8th
- Two groups of nine teams each
- Single round-robin
- All matches are Bo2
- Top four teams from each group advance to the upper bracket of the playoffs
- 5th and 6th place teams from each group advance to the lower bracket of the playoffs
- The remaining teams are eliminated
Playoffs: August 9th to August 14th
- Double-elimination bracket
- All matches except Grand Final are Bo3
- Grand Final is Bo5
The prize pool for the tournament is USD 500,000 and 4,570 Pro Circuit points.
- Royal Never Give Up (China)
- Team Aster (China)
- PSG.LGD (China)
- BOOM Esports (Southeast Asia)
- Talon Esports (Southeast Asia)
- Fnatic (Southeast Asia)
- Tundra Esports (Western Europe)
- Team Liquid (Western Europe)
- OG (Western Europe)
- Entity (Western Europe)
- Outsiders (Eastern Europe)
- Natus Vincere (Eastern Europe)
- Team Spirit (Eastern Europe)
- Evil Geniuses (North America)
- Quincy Crew (North America)
- Thunder Awaken (South America)
- Beastcoast (South America)
Xtreme Gaming (China) withdrew from the event on 27th July after its carry player Lou “lou” Zhen was denied a visa to the United States (US) for the third time.
As the final tournament of the DPC 2021-22, the PGL Arlington Major will be the last opportunity for teams to accumulate DPC points.
A total of four teams – Thunder Awaken, PSG.LGD, OG, and TSM – have mathematically received a direct invite for The International 11 (TI11), so the remaining eight teams will be determined following the conclusion of the event.
Where to Stream:
The official English broadcast of the PGL Arlington Major will be on PGL’s official Twitch channels: