Last Updated on June 7, 2021 9:32 am by stacey
On Saturday, June 12, at the Virgin Hotel in Las Vegas, USA. Shakur Fearless Stevenson, who has an undefeated record in 14 matches, will face Jeremiah Low Key Nakathila, who has only been defeated in one fight of the last 22 professional matches. Both will be fighting for the WBO interim title in a 12 round super featherweight fight. Also, the winner of this fight will face the American Jamel Herring, who is currently the world champion. This fight will begin on Saturday, June 12 at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT. and will be broadcast on ESPN + at the Virgin Hotel, located in Las Vegas.
Watch the Shakur Stevenson vs. Jeremiah Nakathila fight trailer: (Video courtesy of: Top Rank Boxing)
Shakur Stevenson’s story and best performances:
Stevenson had a very successful career at the youth level, winning the 2014 AIBA Youth World Championships and the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing. In 2015 he won the Olympic Trials, qualifying for the United States Boxing Team at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In Rio, Stevenson won a silver medal, losing to Robeisy Ramirez of Cuba in the gold medal bout. He went the furthest for the United States.
1. Stevenson made his debut at the StubHub Center against American Edgar Brito, where he won by technical decision at the end of the round.
2. His ninth victory is so far the fastest in his career, and is that at the CHI Health Center, he defeated Romanian Viorel Simion in the first round, thanks to a TKO.
3. His last KO was at The Bubble, MGM Grand when he defeated Puerto Rican Felix Caraballo in the sixth round.
4. Fearless’s most recent victory was over Toka Kahn Clary in Las Vegas, finishing the bout by unanimous decision.
Review Shakur Stevenson’s best performances: (Video courtesy of: Boxing Highlights 2021)
Jeremiah Nakathila’s story and best performances:
Jeremiah Nakathila is an up-and-coming professional boxer who’s garnering all the attention for his fighting skills. In his professional boxing career, he has compiled an incredible record of 21-1-0 (wins, losses, and draws). He is also the current WBO super featherweight champion in Africa, a title he has held since 2017.
1. Low Key made his debut in 2013 in his native Namibia, where he defeated David Shinuna via TKO.
2. His only defeat came in 2016, to Russian Evgeny Chuprakov at the DIVS, located in Ekaterinburg for the life of the MD.
3. His last win by unanimous decision was in 2015, against Patrick Seiko, who hails from Botswana, in a fight contested at Windhoek Country Club Resort.
4. Jeremiah comes with a streak of two consecutive KO fights; both were during the year 2020, they were against Immanuel Andeleki and Emmanuel Amos, respectively.
Review Jeremiah Nakathila’s best performances: (Video courtesy of: Boxing Highlights 2021)
Shakur Stevenson: 1/50 (-4999)
Jeremiah Nakathila: 12/1 (+1200)